OFFICE OF THE SUPERINTENDANT OF POLICE (SECURITY)
A. BRIEF HISTORY
The Office of the Superintendent of Police (Security) was bifurcated from the establishment of S.P. CID/SB and re-designated as Office of the Superintendent of Police (Security) on 26th September 1994 vide Govt. of Mizoram, Home Department Notification no. A.11030/3/87-HMP dated Aizawl, the 26th Sept.1994. Security Unit deals exclusively with protection of Protected Persons, Manning of Civil Secretariat security and Lengpui Airport Security.
B. DEPLOYMENT OF FORCES
1. OFFICE STAFF: The office staff are working under 8( eight) branches viz., Reserve Branch, VIP Security Monitoring Branch, Motor Vehicle Branch, Account Branch, Clothing Branch, Equipment Branch, Armoury and Personal Branch.
(a) Reserve Branch: Reserve Branch is headed by Reserve officer who is of the rank of Inspector. Reserve Branch mainly looks after the service matters of Security Staff and deployment of forces and discipline.
(b) VIP Monitoring Branch: This Branch headed by Inspector monitors the Security of the local VIPs and arrangement of Security to the visiting dignitaries.
(c) M.T Branch: M.T Branch is headed by Inspector designated as M.T.O. They are maintaining all the vehicles of Security Unit and provide drivers and reliever if required.
(d) Account Branch: Account Branch is headed by Head Assistant who is of the rank of Inspector (Ministerial). They are looking after the salary, T.A/ D.A, pay, GPF and other financial matter of Security Unit.
(e) Equipment Branch: Headed by one Inspector as in- charge of Equipment Branch, all the Security equipments for Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad and Anti- Sabotage Squad are maintained by this branch.
(f) Clothing Branch: Clothing Branch looks after the stock and distribution of clothing items of Security Staff.
(g) Armoury: Arm Kote headed by Inspector as in charge and Armourer to look after the Arm Kote of Security Unit.
(h) Personal branch: Headed by P.A to S.P Security looks after the S.P Security and the confidential matters of Security Unit.
2) PERSONAL SECURITY OFFICER (PSO): A large number of Security staff is deployed as PSO to Protected Persons like Ministers, Speakers, MLA’s and other Officials etc. and to the visiting dignitaries as per their security scale. The PSO is given PSO training by Security staff prior to deployment as PSO.
3) CHIEF MINISTER'S OFFICE(CMO): Provision of security of the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Mizoram like deployment SO to CM, PSO’s, Escort and Pilot to Chief Minister is done by this unit. The Main gate at Chief Minister’s Bungalow and Chief Minister’s office are also manned by security staff.
4) RAJ BHAVAN: Besides the provision of PSO’s to His Excellency the Governor of Mizoram, the Access Control of the Raj Bhavan is manned by Security Staff.
5) SECRETARIAT DUTY:Security duties are deployed at various entrances of Civil Secretariat and Mizoram Legislative Assembly Secretariat manning Access Control where DFMDs are installed.
6) LENGPUI AIRPORT:After the inauguration of the Lengpui Airport, the Security of the inside terminal building has been manned by Lengpui Airport security staff who are under the control of the Superintendent of Police, Security. The Government had created separate sanctioned post for Lengpui Airport Security. One Dy.SP is posted at Lengpui Airport who is in- charge of Lengpui Airport security. Access Control of the Terminal Building, frisking of passengers and checking of their hand baggage by letting them going through the DFMD’s, X-Ray Machine before letting them to proceed to the aircraft are the main duty of Lengpui Airport Security Staff.
7) BOMB DETECTION AND DISPOSAL SQUAD (BDDS): Security Unit is having BDD Squad who are trained in the detection and disposal of explosive. BDDS performs Anti- Sabotage Checking of the required places and objects in connection with the visits of the VVIP to Mizoram and the places to be visited by the Z plus category of Protected Person in Mizoram. Security Unit is the only unit in Mizoram holding Security Equipments and trained Officers and personnel for detection and disposal of Explosive.
C. STAFF POSITION OF SECURITY UNIT
|Sl. No.||Rank||Sanctioned Strength|
|1||Superintendent of Police||1|
|2||Addl. Superintendent. of Police||1|
|3||Dy. Superintendent of Police||2|
|6||Asstt. Sub Inspector||7|
|12||Sub Inspector (Ministerial)||4|
|13||Sub Inspector (Steno.)||1|
|14||Asstt. Sub Inspector (Ministerial)||4|
D. OFFICE COMPLEX
Security Office is now functioning in a private building located in Chawnga Road, Khatla, Aizawl. A new Office building is under construction in New Secretariat Complex, Khatla, Aizawl. Office Phone No: 2334026(O), 2333937(fax). Exchange :0389-334541
E. WHO'S WHO OF THE UNIT
Name of GOs :
1) SP –H. Ramthlengliana, MPS.
2) Addl. SP – Ngursangliana Sailo, MPS
3) Dy. SP (Hqrs) – Pu RS Liantluanga, MPS.
4) Dy. SP (Lengpui A/port) – Pu Surat Thapa MPS.
5) SO to Hon’ble Chief Minister – Pu Ratan Kumar MPS.
Head of all branches:
1) Reserve Officer : Inspr. Ramtharnghaka.
2) Head Accountant : Inspr (M) K.Tohra.
3) Motor Transport Officer : Inspr Laldingliana.
4) I/C VIP Monitoring Cell : Inspr H.Ngunluaia.
5) I/C Clothing : SI Zoramhermawia.
6) I/C Equipment : Inspr Laldingliana.
7) I/C Raj Bhawan : Inspr H.Lalduata.
F. ACHIEVEMENT / TRAINING (2011 - 2012)
1) ONE WEEK PSO TRAINING FOR 5 (FIVE) CONSECUTIVE BATCH CONDUCTED DURING 5th Sept, 2011 – 10th Oct, 2011.
2) AVSEC TRAINING AT BCAS, KOLKATA FOR 10 DAYS – 8 OFFICERS TRAINED.
3) VIP Security Course at IB Central Training School, New Delhi – 4 Officers attended.