I. Brief History of the Unit:
Police Training Centre, Thenzawl is the Premier and only Police Training Centre in Mizoram which was established in 1973 as a part of 1st Bn MAP Training wing till 31st March 1986. The Police Training Centre is officially recognised and established w.e.f. 1st April 1986 with the Sanction of the President of India Vide Govt.of India, Ministry of Home Affairs letter No. 13034/21/97-MZ DT.8.11.1985. As Police Training Centre Lungverh. The Training Centre has since been under the charge and Supervision of an Officer of the rank of Superintendent of Police Designated as Principal. Police Training Centre, Lungverh has been officially shifted to Thenzawl Vide.No.PTC/R-32/2010/1275 Dt.9.5.2011 and it is re-named as Police Training Centre, Thenzawl.
A. TRAINING :
- Syllabus of Basic Course and In-Service Courses are based on the recommendation of the GORE Committee
- Academic Content of the Indoor Syllabus of the Basic Course and In-Service Course are directed into three Major Categories – Legal Studies, Police Studies and General Studies.
- Basic Course and In-Service Course Trainees are given training/teaching in two(2) Divisions Viz Indoor and Outdoor. Outdoor Subjects includes Drills (with & without Arm) Weapon/Arms (Handling & Theory) Physical Training Excercises and Firing including un-Armed Combat,Counter Offensive Operational Tactics, Night Patrolling, Ambush & Counter Ambush, VIP Security and Operational Firing Techniques etc. Indoor Division contains different Nine(9) subjects which are distributed into three(3) main categories Viz Legal studies. Police Studies and General studies.
- Basic Course for Constable AB&UB/Driver Constable/Firemen/General Duty MPRO.
- Basic Course for HC + Naik Operators
- Basic Course for ASI (Ministerial)
- Junior Under Officer Cadre Course for Constables
- Senior Under Officer Cadre Course for Havildars.
- Platoon Commander Course for Havildars.
- Pre-Promotion & Refresher Course for ASI(UB)&SI(UB).
- Pre-Promotion & Refresher Course for SI(AB).
- VIP Personal Security Officer Refresher Course.
- Commando Course.
C. TRAINING AIDS :
- Parade / Foot Ball Ground
- Drill Shed /Hall
- LCD / Projector
- Firing Range (upto 100MTRS)
- Mini Gym Hall with necessary equiptment.
- 20 (twenty) nos of Computers (Office + CCTNS)
- Mini Library
- Volley Ball Court
- Basket Ball Court
- Simulator (Complete) Firing hall.
D. RESIDENTIAL & OTHER ACCOMODATIONS:
- Jawans Barracks to Accomodate as many as 300 Trainees.
- Staff Barrack – 7 nos
- Dining Hall – 3 nos
- Type -II Qtrs – 42 nos
- Type -III Qtrs – 14 nos
- Type -IV Qtrs – 2 nos
- Type -V Qtrs – 1 no.
- Medical Infirmary – 1 no.
- Office Building – 1 no.
- Quarter Guard – 1 no.
E. OTHER ESTABLISHMENT:
- Anganwadi Centre
- Dry Canteen.
- Wet Canteen.
- Family Welfare Centre
- Unit Dairy Farm
- Unit Fish Pond
- MT Garages.