I. BRIEF HISTORY
- In 1984, Training Branch was established with one Inspector of Police and a few staff to conduct Training for Police personnel. The first i/c of Training Branch was Pu Vanlalzuata Inspector of Police. PHQ Training Branch was separated from Confidential Branch and started functioning separately.
- In the year 1988 DIG (Training) was designated to supervise training, Pu C. Dothanga, IPS was posted as the first DIG (Training) in the year 1988.
- Training Branch, PHQ is having training hall with a capacity of 25 seats equipped with training Chair, Table, Projector, Laptop for power point presentation and sound system.
II. FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Training Branch, PHQ prepared Annual Training Calendar course to be conducted by PHQ Training Branch; Districts, Battalions and Units including PTS, Thenzawl which is approved by DGP, Mizoram. Accordingly as per approved Training schedule, Training Branch, PHQ conduct various training courses at PHQ Training Hall.
- Districts, Battalions, Units also conducts Refresher courses respectively as per schedule training schedule prepared by PHQ.
- Besides, In-service training, PHQ Training conduct training courses sponsored by BPR&D, NISD, Civil Aviation, Human Rights and sensitization programmes from various agencies.
- This Branch Co-ordinates with BPR&D, SVP NPA, NIA, IB, CDTS, DOPT, NEPA and other institutions in organizing advance training courses. Willing personnel with approval of DGP Mizoram and based on availability of funds are sent for specialized courses.
- Further, the training schedule of PTS, Thenzawl is proposed and conducted at PTS, Thenzawl with approval of DGP Mizoram.
III. WELFARE MEASURE:
- With a view to have better Co-Ordination among the staff, PHQ Training Branch has setup a welfare since 2015. The main objective of the Welfare is to organize farewell, attending marriage ceremony, funeral etc. of the members and family. Each member contributes some amount every month.