I. BRIEF HISTORY:
Police Training School Thenzawl is the premiere and the only Training Centre/School in Mizoram which was established in 1973 under the aegis of 1st Battalion Mizoram Armed Police at Lungverh, Sakawrtuichhun and continued as such till 31st March 1986. The Training Centre was officially recognized and established w.e.f. 1st April 1986. The Training Institution has since been under the charged and supervision of an officer of the rank of Superintendent of Police, designated as Principal. On May 2011, Police Training Centre Lungverh was shifted to Thenzawl, Serchhip District, since then, it was declared as a full fledged Police Training Centre (instead of temporary headquarters of 4th India Reserve Battalion) Vide Government of Mizoram Notification Order No.A.l1013/46/2011 Dt. 4.5.2011 and later on it was upgraded to full fledged Police Training School Vide No.A. 11013/1/2012 Dt.20.2.2012.
II. FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the main objective and vision of Police Training School is to become a school of excellence in police training and development, the school aims at imparting methodological training to different rank of Police personnel of Mizoram both Armed Branch and Un-Armed Branch including Ministerial staff in different field like criminal investigation, crowd control, tackling and control of unlawful assemblies various crafts and warfare tactics including other fields like juvenile justice, police – public relation, knowledge of various acts, rules and laws, modem technologies The School is doing its level best at all times to win excellence in all those fields. The state government, therefore, plays a premiere role in supplying and providing latest modem training facilities to make the Training School a better Institution as well as to become a model Police Training School.
III. Organization Set-up and Establishment:
The Office of Principal, Police Training School is being organized in similar lines as that of the Office of the Superintendent of Police of district with the requisite number of Ministerial Staff with Inspector of Police (Ministerial) as the Head Assistant assisted by a number of Sub-Inspector (Ministerial) as required to look after the office work and Executive Officers to look after the Reserve Office, Clothing and Arms and Ammunition.
IV. Welfare Measure :
(1) The Voluntary Blood Donation Camp was conducted at PTS Thenzawl on 18.10.2018 thereby 306 blood units (i.e. Male – 301, Female – 5) were donated by PTS staff and trainees for the following Hospitals, ie. 125 Units for Lunglei Civil Hospital and 181 Units for Aizawl Civil Hospital.
(2) Construction of New School Building under MLA Fund is nearly completed on self help basis.
(3) 2 (two) RCC Gate in Parade Ground were completed on self help basis.
(4) Badminton Hall – Constructed under MLA Fund with the help of PTS Branch YMA.
(5) 2(two) barrack of sized 72×18 sq ft and 55×21 sq ft. have been constructed.
(6) Approach road to firing range road of length 532 meters has been bouldered on self help basis.
(7) 5(five RCC ground beds have been constructed at firing range at their respective range position for firing.
(8) Approach road to family lane from the main road of about 200 meters length has been boulder and black topped.
(9) A small hill was cut off at the height of 5(five) feet for construction of a school building with the help of Tantia Pvt. Ltd Company.
(10) In response to the request of the Principal, the PWD is to start resurfacing of the internal road of 1.5 kms length shortly.
(11) 2(two) RCC foot path of length 107 meters and 135 meters respectively have been constructed inside the parade ground.
V. Medal Recipients:
The following Officers are awarded a Medal of Union Home Ministers Medal for Excellence in Police Training.
- Zochama (the then Chief Drill Instructor) for the year 2014-2015.
- Daniel Ramhluna for the year 2015-2016.
- Inspr(M) R.Vanlalhlimpuii for the year 2016-2017.